Monday 1 August 2011

About Me Round Three~Reminiscence

If you had checked out on my profile under the 'About Me' page, you would probably know that I had a childhood imaginary friend....ahem...friends. I wonder what kind of vocabulary you would think of now, to describe me. Weird? Psycho? Childish? Or no idea at all...just being stunned, speechless. Probably sprouting out of your mind is this, "What kind of childhood is this? To have to resort to imagination to forget the loneliness..." Pity, pity, pity.

If you think that I'm sorry about my childhood, then you're wrong. Sure, to say it had never affected me is completely untrue (I do realized I tend to crave for attention and acknowledgement, like now wanting you all to comment), but then again, I do realized that this is not an excuse. Especially when I realized that I'm not the only one who had a hard childhood. And to keep on dwelling on the past will not ever help my situation...I'm going to be always trapped in the same life if I didn't to something to change it...and my quest in this life is to be happy, to find meaning and a purpose in life, and to find success, whioch I will not be able to achieve if I did not break away from it.

But a childhood without friends is indeed lonely, and I chose to solve this problem by creating lots of lovely, encouraging friends. It started off with a simple and pure imagination of the characters in books I had read...and slowly, slowly, I fleshed out the characters using the power of my mind, adding an individual flavour, additional characters to each of them, and they turned out to be something very much different from the book.

Initially, I just act out the scenes in the book in my head. Then, I started to add additional scenes to it...(let's see if I can remember any, then I'll tell you about it in later posts)...but then, I needed a friend more than a character...and so they became friends (each still donning the character's face) that I confide to. And in my mind's eye, I saw them clapping, and laughing at every joke I shared, admiring me for my 'numerous talents' and adores me! Talk about being vain...

Someday, into the future, I might introduce them, one by one, in my blog. Till then, I'll just say I love them and still am! No matter what people says. Because they taught me experiences, life lessons, and most of all, gave me confidence and love. (My parents did a great job raising me too, by loving and caring for me, but, there are somethings friends give better to us, and similiarly, somethings parents give better than friends!)

LOVE YA ALL, besties!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is quite a story! You've been blessed with those friends of you. I'm sure you'll take good care of them and never let them down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the things that friends teach us, whether imaginary or real. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, that's right. They're invaluable.

    ReplyDelete

Challenge me. Criticize me. Inspire me.

I dare you to dare me. With your amazing comments.

Truth (no guts) or dare (comment)?